Friday, September 19, 2008

Julie & Julia

Julie & Julia by Julie Powell
Fiction


This book is more of a cooking blog than anything else. Julie decides to cook all the recipes in the book Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child. Several of her endeavors are downright funny but most are just okay. Julie is slightly neurotic and episodes of making gelatins and not having them set are not worthy of fits. We have all had disasters in the kitchen. We just don't write about them.

I would find it odd that someone wants to cook every recipe in a book but I myself like to try 3-4 new recipes every week. I can not imagine the effort required to work a full day and then come home and cook a gourmet meal. Julie said they were eating late but ... Also if I ate like that I would be an elephant not just gain a few pounds.


First Line: "As far as I know, the only evidence supporting the theory that Julia Child first made Potage Parmentier during a bad bout of ennui is her own recipe for it."


Rating:

(3.5/5)

No comments: