Sunday, July 12, 2009

High Five by Janet Evanovich

High Five by Janet Evanovich
Mystery


Stephanie Plum and the crazy cast of characters are back in the fifth book of this fun series. This time, it seems that Stephanie's uncle has disappeared, after fighting with the garbage company for a lousy $2. Since there are no big catches to make as a bail enforcer, Stephanie sets out to find where Uncle Fred has gone to, for lack of something more interesting to do. Soon she realizes that she's being followed during her investigations. Bunchy introduces himself as a bookie, but Stephanie knows better.

As with every book in this series, the banter between the character is what makes it so enjoyable. I'm starting to wonder if Stephanie and Joe are ever going to commit to each other, though I suppose there would be less teasing and frustration if this were to happen, which could detract from the book.

I recommend starting this series from book one, as you'll get a better understanding of the character's backgrounds. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!


First Line: "When I was a little girl I used to dress Barbie up without underpants."


Rating:

(4/5)

No comments: