Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Seven Up by Janet Evanovich

Seven Up by Janet Evanovich
Mystery

Stephanie Plum is back, trying to find the retired Eddie DeChooch. Thinking he'll be an easy catch because he's so old, Plum goes after him with her friend Lula, an ex-prostitute, only to have him slide out a window and escape. Not to be outdone by a senior, Stephanie tries again, and again, and again. Her car suffers another not-so-surprising destruction in the process. Meanwhile, her mother and grandmother are starting to plan Stephanie's wedding to Morelli without her and Stephanie isn't even sure if she is ready to marry anyways. Stephanie's sister also comes back to New Jersey from California, her husband having left her, and decides that maybe she needs to try to be a lesbian.

As always, these novels are pure entertainment. There are laugh out loud moments in this book that had me chuckling as I was reading through it, a rare feat for a novel. This was a quick, fluff read and exactly what I needed between some of the heavier books I have been reading. I can't wait to read the next one!

First Line: "For the better part of my childhood, my professional aspirations were simple - I wanted to be an intergalactic princess."

Rating:
(4/5)

No comments: