Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Book of Air and Shadows

The Book of Air and Shadows by Michael Gruber
Thriller
A rare bookshop has a fire and in trying to salvage one of the rare books two of the employees find some pages written by Bracegirdle. Bracegirdle was an employee of Shakespeare. He alludes to a lost play.

Jake Mishkin is an Intellectual Property lawyer. When one of the employees sells part of the find to a professor, the professor seeks out Mishkin to keep the manuscript safe. What follows is classic thriller. Bad guys, treasure, kidnapping, ciphers, killing and some dashing around.

This is a thriller I should love to read but I didn't. I can't seem to put my finger on it. It might have been the hard to read Old English Bracegirdle letters. It might have been the confusing what is happening now plot. Maybe the plot was just a bit too complex or maybe this book's pace is too slow. Not the book for me.

First Line: "Tap-tapping the keys and out come the words on this little screen, and who will read them I hardly know. "
Rating:
(3.0/5)

No comments: