Monday, February 03, 2014

Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich

Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich
Mystery

In the 12th book of the series, Stephanie Plum, bounty hunter extraordinaire, is back and trying to pick up the long list of criminals that haven't appeared for their court date. Then Stephanie runs in to Ranger's wife and she's not happy. Who knew Ranger had a wife? She knows that something is going on between Ranger and Stephanie and stays on Stephanie's tail, deciding that Stephanie will lead her to Ranger. But Ranger has left to Miami and soon there's news that his kid had been kidnapped. Stephanie tries to find out what is going on, with the help of on-again, off-again boyfriend Morelli.

These books are always such great pick-me-ups. Reading this book on the train, there was a page where I was shoving my face in to my scarf to stop from laughing out loud. Though in the past few books, it feels to me like Stephanie has been running from someone that wants to kill her. It would be nice if things got switched up a bit.

First Line: "When I was twelve years old I accidentally substituted salt for sugar in a cake recipe."

Rating:
(4/5)

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I love a book where I have to stifle laughter! I haven't read any Janet Evanovich yet but I have a couple of her books awaiting the day when I can actually make some time for them. I've heard from several readers they are witty and fun to read. So glad to see you enjoyed it as well.