Sunday, July 03, 2016

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Thriller

Everyone knows the movie. And most people know the twist. I wanted to read the book to see how it measures up to the fantastic movie. This started as a short story and then Palahniuk expanded it with odds and ends. They sort of work, but you can definitely tell where he added in bits to make the book longer.

This is a unique story and the twist is great. It plays out similarly in the book, though you find out a bit earlier and get to see the consequences for a longer period of time.

Palahniuk has a clipped writing style that I'm not sure I'm a fan of. This is the second book of his that I've read. I'm not 100% certain if I'll read another.

First Line: "Tyler gets me a job as a waiter, after that Tyler's pushing a gun in my mouth and saying, the first step to eternal life is you have to die."

Rating:
(3.5/5)

No comments: