Sunday, July 15, 2007

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling
Teen


I wanted to have all of the past 6 Harry Potter books re-read by the time the 7th one had come out. Unfortunately time got away from me and I only managed to get the first one read this weekend. I probably should have skipped straight to book 5 and 6 because those were the 2 with the most complex plot lines that I don't really remember.
Obviously I don't need to give any plot description for this book. Everyone knows Harry Potter. I was just re-reading to see if I could pick up on anything new, and also to sort out the timeline in my head so that I'm right and ready for next Saturday when book 7 comes out.

So here's what I noticed:
1. Sirius Black is mentioned within the first couple pages of the book. Hagrid borrows his flying motorbike to bring Harry to the Durleys as a baby.
2. Everyone keeps mentioning how Harry's eyes look like his moms. Apparently this is supposed to be something important in book 7.
3. One of the members of the Order of the Phoenix was bowing to Harry Potter before Potter even really knew who he was.
4. Why did Dumbledore have Harry's Dad's invisibility cloak? I would have expected it to come from Black or someone who was a friend of the family. Not from Dumbledore. I wonder if we will ever find that one out.

I'll still re-read through the rest of the books. I'm sure I'll pick up on some other interesting things since I'll have read book 7 by then.

Happy Harry Potter Day next Saturday!


Rating:

(5/5)

No comments: