Sunday, June 15, 2014

Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich

Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich
Mystery

In the thirteenth installment of Stephanie Plum, this time Ranger asks Plum to put a listening device close to her ex-husband Dickie. Stephanie can hardly control her animosity towards him and manages to just long enough to plant the bug, then throttles him before stealing his desk clock. Shortly thereafter, Dickie disappears and not surprisingly Stephanie is the prime suspect. Morelli, Stephanie's on-again-off-again boyfriend, is a cop and knows it wasn't her but has to go through normal police procedure. Stephanie wants to take matters in to her own hand, which will involve destroyed cars and danger.

This book didn't have as many moments where I found myself laughing but it was still lots of fun. Though I really do wish that Morelli and Stephanie would make their "thing" a little more official and grow up a bit. These books also need more Bob. He's the cutest dog ever!

First Line: "For the last five minutes, I'd been parked outside my cousin Vinnie's bail bonds office in my crapola car, debating whether to continue on with my day, or return to my apartment and crawl back into bed."

Rating:
(4/5)

No comments: