Thursday, November 15, 2007

What's in a Name Challenge

I am going to enter What's in a Name Challenge.

Words by Annie is hosting the challenge. I really am beginning to really love these challenges and even coming up with the books for them.

"What's In A Name?" Reading Challenge

Dates: January 1, 2008 through December 31, 2008

The Challenge: Choose one book from each of the following categories.

1. A book with a color in its title. Examples might include: The Amber Spyglass, The Red Pony, Blue Blood

My choice The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer : My Life at Rose Red by Joyce Reardon

2. A book with an animal in its title. Examples might include: The Hound of the Baskervilles, To Kill a Mockingbird, Julie of the Wolves

My choice The Queen Bee of Mimosa Branch by Haywood Smith

3. A book with a first name in its title. Examples might include: Jane Eyre, the Harry Potter books, Anne of Green Gables

My choice The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood

4. A book with a place in its title. Examples might include: From Russia with Love, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Out of Africa

My choice Kabul Beauty School: An American Woman Goes Behind the Veil by Deborah Rodriguez

5. A book with a weather event in its title. Examples might include: The Snows of Kilimanjaro, Red Storm Rising, Tornado Alley

My choice Firestorm by Iris Johansen

6. A book with a plant in its title. Examples might include: Where the Red Fern Grows, The Name of the Rose, Flowers for Algernon

My choice Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson


Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ooh, Charlie and Snow Falling on Cedars. You are in for a GREAT challenge, Dana! Have fun!

Lauren said...

Geeze how many challenges are you doing!?!?! lol

Dana said...

I am doing three challenges and that is my limit.