Friday, April 06, 2012

Haunted

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk
Horror

Haunted is a set of 23 short stories interwoven around a theme. Writers have answered an ad for a retreat. Once there they are locked in and the host withholds heat and food. Now the stories get weird as each of the writers tries to suffer more than the next to make themselves the 'star'.

I am not a fan of short stories and still am not. I have read some of Palahniuk's other works and enjoyed them. Not so here. These were just disgusting and vile. Evidently people have fainted at readings. I do not think I would but I would probably walk out as these stories seemed only to be revolting with no other substance. If you want to read horrifying sick shit with no purpose other than to be sickening, be my guest.

First Line: "This was supposed to be a writers' retreat."

Rating:
(3.0/5)

No comments: