Monday, January 15, 2007

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Children's


Dahl simply has a most wonderful imagination. He has taken some of the most undesirable traits and has had a field day exploring what might happen. I would have loved a visit to his factory. I have not seen the movie and now wish to see it as the Oompah Loompahs songs would be worth watching
Favourite Character: Charlie. He was the best behaved child. Did Dahl equate being poor with having good manners?
Least Favourite Character: Veruca Salt. The spoiled child. As parents we are all worried we might spoil our child too much. What is too much?
Favourite Part of the Story: I loved the factory tour with all the rooms explained. I could envision all the fabulous rooms
Least Favourite Part of the Story: I felt that the Mike Teavee story about the television a little weak
What was missing: Nothing


Rating:

(4.5/5)

No comments: