Friday, November 03, 2006

Brick Lane

Brick Lane by Monica Ali
Fiction



This was a slow and boring book. I am one of those who has to finish what I start so I did
Best Liked Character: Nazeen. She does learn about herself and does finally stand up for herself. Maybe I am from such a different culture I just couldn't relate
Worst Liked Character: Chanu, Nazeen's husband. He basically bought her like a piece of property. The part that made me the maddest was when he had his children turn the pages of his book. What complete laziness
Best Part of the Book: Not much. It moved far too slow for me
Worst Part of the Book: The affair with Karin. I did not see what this did but just subjugate Nazeen to another man
What was missing: any action


Rating:

(2.5/5)

1 comment:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Uh-oh! I have this on Mt. TBR and was eyeing it last night, thinking I'm not entirely certain I'll like it. If you say there's no action, I'm going to HATE it.

Well, forewarned is forearmed, right? And there's a ton to read between now and then, anyway. Maybe my tastes'll change.

But I doubt it. :(