Saturday, November 11, 2006

Birthday Books!

I got a pretty good haul of books for my birthday! Here's what I walked away with, in no particular order:

Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland I got this book from Bree! I'm a huge Douglas Coupland fan and I hadn't yet read this book. Now it's sitting on my shelf waiting for me!

Basket Case by Carl Hiaasen Another book from Bree. I haven't read any Hiaasen books before, but I hear they are quite off the wall.

The Falls by Ian Rankin This is #12 in the Inspector Rebus series. Ok, I haven't started book 1 yet so it may take me a while to get to this, but it's nice knowing it's there :)

The Hostile Hospital by Lemony Snicket Book #8, it's going in my PC.

The Carnivorous Carnival Book #9, going right beside the above book.

Then he Ate my Boy Entrancers by Louise Rennison #6 in the Georgia Nicolson series. They're always a hoot!

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield I had my eye on this book since it came out. It sounds very interesting, and this may sound weird, but it's a really nice looking book.

The Mermaids Singing by Val McDermid One of my favourite mystery writers! I think I've read all the others in the series except this one, which is the first one!

Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk Ok so I've never read a Palahniuk, yet I seem to have almost every single one of his books right now because they all sound so interesting!

The History and Siege of Lisbon by Jose Saramago Saramago wrote Blindness, one of my favourite books, so I'm opening up my bookcase to other works written by him.

Bury the Lead by David Rosenfelt A book that had been on my wishlist for over 2 years! It felt good to cross this one off!

Also, I had bought myself an Accounting book so I can maybe pass my exam next weekend LOL

4 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Nice haul!!

I'm sorry I missed your birthday, though. *sniff*

Did you get a good cake??????

Lauren said...

You bet. Infact, there is still some left *yum*!

Sheila said...

Nice bag of books :)
I have Basket Case too. You'll have to let me know how it is. You will probably get to it before me.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that's a LOT of books!!! Can't wait to hear what you think of Diane Setterfield's "Thirteenth Tale". When it first came out everyone seemed to love it, now I'm reading reveiws by bloggers saying it's just so-so. Wonder what you'll think?