Sunday, November 12, 2006

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb
Mystery


So starts the first book in a billion book series! I have to be honest, I was kind of hoping I wasn't going to enjoy this book so that I wouldn't have to read the next 20 or so books in the series. But, I did enjoy it, so now I'm stuck in a huge series! Thankfully I started this at book one (for once!). Naked in Death is a mystery starring Eve Dallas, a tourmented cop with so many issues from her past it's unbelievable. The book takes place in 2050 or something like that, so it's a somewhat futuristic setting. Robb keeps throwing in little bits about what she predicts the future to be like, which is quite interesting. I noticed she hinted at the fact that Quebec had seperated from Canada (let's hope that never happens).
Dallas sets out to find a serial killers of prostitutes (which is now a legal trade) and runs into Roarke, a smooth-operating billionaire. They, of course, get it on. But there was just absolutely no chemistry for me between the two of them. In comparison to other detectives in other books, it was completely lacking chemistry. Hopefully they kick it up a notch in the next book.
The mystery itself was pretty good. I had a hunch on who had done it, but when they arrested someone else for it, I thought that I was just completely wrong! Turns out I wasn't, as I later found out! Overall, not a bad book. I'll keep reading the series until I get tired of it.


Rating:

(4/5)

4 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I must admit I've never read any JD Robb and maybe only one Nora Roberts in my lifetime (and I liked the Nora; I have another one in the foothills of Mt. TBR).

I'll go throw this on Cliff's and see what happens... hopefully Cliff won't hate me forever. Or make me pay for his site!

Lauren said...

This was my very first from her as well - as either Robb or Roberts.

Be warned though Susan! You may get wrapped up in this series and have to read all of them!

LOL @ having to pay for Cliff's site.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

At this point, what's one more series? I'm already drowning in books. In fact, the cat knocked over Mt. TBR today and might have killed my aloe plant. :(

Mt. TBR MUST shrink!!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

It arrived today... now to read it!