Monday, October 27, 2008

The Elegant Gathering of White Snows

The Elegant Gathering of White Snows by Kris Radish
Literature


All of a sudden eight women in rural Wisconsin decide to go walking. It is a journey of the heart and touches women from everywhere. Each of the women walking is of a different age and from a different background. There are women who have lost children, women who have been raped, women with mental diseases and women lost from their families and their own dreams. They are walking and finding themselves. As they walk the whole of 'women hood' gets behind them and is empowered. Further this empowers several women who hear about them to follow their own dreams.

What a load of .... I did finish this book but found it to be poorly written and even more poorly edited. First the premise of the story just didn't grab me and as I progressed further into the book it became even more unbelievable. There seemed to be a lot of extraneous drivel unnecessary to the story. I, at first thought, I just didn't get it but as I continued felt even the author didn't get it


First Line: "Just a glass."


Rating:

(2.5/5)

No comments: