Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Casebook of Constance and Charlie by Kate Wilhelm

The Casebook of Constance and Charlie by Kate Wilhelm
Mystery


This book is an omnibus of three books, The Hamlet Trap, Smart House and Seven Kinds of Death.
I love this duo detective team. Constance and Charlie communicate silently; they are so in tune with each other. C&C get inside the heads of their suspects like no other team. I will review the stories in order of preference

The Hamlet Trap
A neat story based on a murder at a small town playhouse. This story brings together jealousies and secrets. Slowly but surely C&C unravel the threads and wind up with a really good twist.

Smart House
This story is about a house where the computer does everything. The inventor has sunk all of his company's funds in the house and then winds up dead. Everyone wanted him dead but they all have alibis. Could the house have killed him? A very neat concept and well thought out. The only nit was that I had to read the final pages a few times to work it out as my concentration level must have been low

Seven Kinds of Death
This was definitely not my fvourite. I had a real hard time getting into the story but once I did It really went fast. An artist's colony is the scene this time. This case featured Constance a little more and was a bit more otherworldly. Still a good mystery



Rating:

(4.0/5)

No comments: