Saturday, February 17, 2007

Glory in Death by J.D. Robb

Glory in Death by J.D. Robb
Mystery


This is the second "In Death" book by J.D. Robb. Looking at the publication date, I can't believe that this was published only 11 years ago and Robb has churned out over 20 other In Death books.
The book is set in the future and I enjoy reading about the things Robb envisions for the future. Last book I noticed that Quebec was listed as its own country. This time, Eve Dallas, the main character, calls God a "she" plenty of times. It makes you wonder if maybe the society finds proof in the future that God is a female?
This story finds Dallas hunting for a murderer of powerful women. She tries to paint herself as a target, and fails. I suspected the who the murderer was right from the beginning and I didn't understand why she didn't ask him any questions? Infact, I second guessed myself because I thought maybe I had missed something in the book to explain why he couldn't be the murderer and that's why they weren't questioning him. I didn't think that part was too well written. Any good cop that isn't trying to build suspense for a novel would have asked him questions the first time he was at the scene.
The relationship between Eve and Roarke was enjoyable. Their chemistry is great and they are a fun couple to read about. What is Roarke's first name though? Or is Roarke his last name and he has no first? It would be nice to see Summerset fired. Or at least explain what his problem is. There was also the introduction of a new cop, Peabody, who I would like to see work side by side with Dallas eventually (and I'm sure she will). So long as she doesn't take the place of Feeney though, that guy is great!
This was a fun book.


Rating:

(4/5)

No comments: