Thursday, November 15, 2007

What's in a Name Challenge

I am going to enter What's in a Name Challenge.


Words by Annie is hosting the challenge. I really am beginning to really love these challenges and even coming up with the books for them.

"What's In A Name?" Reading Challenge



Dates: January 1, 2008 through December 31, 2008

The Challenge: Choose one book from each of the following categories.

1. A book with a color in its title. Examples might include: The Amber Spyglass, The Red Pony, Blue Blood

My choice The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer : My Life at Rose Red by Joyce Reardon

2. A book with an animal in its title. Examples might include: The Hound of the Baskervilles, To Kill a Mockingbird, Julie of the Wolves

My choice The Queen Bee of Mimosa Branch by Haywood Smith

3. A book with a first name in its title. Examples might include: Jane Eyre, the Harry Potter books, Anne of Green Gables

My choice The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood

4. A book with a place in its title. Examples might include: From Russia with Love, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Out of Africa

My choice Kabul Beauty School: An American Woman Goes Behind the Veil by Deborah Rodriguez

5. A book with a weather event in its title. Examples might include: The Snows of Kilimanjaro, Red Storm Rising, Tornado Alley

My choice Firestorm by Iris Johansen

6. A book with a plant in its title. Examples might include: Where the Red Fern Grows, The Name of the Rose, Flowers for Algernon

My choice Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson

3 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ooh, Charlie and Snow Falling on Cedars. You are in for a GREAT challenge, Dana! Have fun!

Lauren said...

Geeze how many challenges are you doing!?!?! lol

Dana said...

I am doing three challenges and that is my limit.