Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
Asian


A book that is sparse on details but very rich in imaginative prose. I found myself thinking about a life with no books in it. How depressing!! I like to read Asian literature and find it different from our western literature. It is simple but when you think about it; it seems so complex
Favourite Character: the author. I found his integrity in taking caring of his friend's girlfriend admirable
Least Favourite Character: the seamstress. She was very selfish and a user
Best Part of the Story: I loved the way the boys got around the headsman. I also loved how the books opened up the world to them
Least Favourite Part of the Story: The ending
What was missing: details but this is typical of asian literature


Rating:

(3.5/5)

No comments: