Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Black Ice by Michael Connelly

The Black Ice by Michael Connelly
Mystery


Good old Detective Bosch never does anything his superiors tell him to. There was some repeat in this story from the first in the series (I guess that has to happen when it's a series of a single person so that you can pick up any book in the series and still understand it). The rest of it is Harry trying to find a cop killer and a drug dealer killer - and somehow they are intertwined.
At some points the story drags on a bit, but overall it's pretty well paced. There's a great twist at the end that you can't really see coming until you're a couple of pages from it. Although I'm not sure I quite understood Bosch's reason for keeping everything hush hush at the end of the book. Why bother?
I wonder if Sylvia makes an appearance in the books to come. They seemed to have a good connection. I'd like to see where that relationship goes.


Rating:

(3.5/5)

No comments: