Friday, February 01, 2008

Vicky Angel by Jacqueline Wilson

Vicky Angel by Jacqueline Wilson
Young Adult


Jade doesn't know what to do with herself when her best friend Vicky is hit by a car and dies. She has trouble coming to terms with her guilt, and it doesn't help that Vicky herself has decided to tag along beside Jade as an angel without wings. Only Jade can see and hear Vicky, which distracts her. Slowly, Jade realizes how rude, cruel, and manipulative Vicky could be. Jade needs to come to terms with her guilt before she can move on with her life.

This book was ranked number 86 in the BBC Top 100. Why? It's a children's/young adult book, and one that I don't think would do a very good job at helping a teenager get over the grief of losing someone close. The family dynamics are also kind of weird. I understand that there are things going on in her family, but she seems to not think of her dad as a dad. It just feels kind of off.

I wasn't too impressed. I should be blown away by these books since they were ranked in the top 100 of all time and I definitely was not blown away by this.

First line: "Vicky's my best friend."


Rating:

(3.5/5)

No comments: