Friday, January 16, 2009

B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton

B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton
Mystery


Kinsey Millhone is hired by the sister of Elaine Boldt, a wealthy widow who was last seen heading to the airport for her regular trip to Florida. Boldt seems to have been missing since that flight. Millhone is on the case and flies to Florida to track Boldt down. Except there are inconsistencies back in California as well. There was a murder in the home next door and Boldt disappeared before she was set to be questioned by police. Could this have something to do with Boldt's disappearance?

I find that Kinsey Millhone has absolutely no personality whatsoever. I remember not enjoying the first in the series that much, and now I remember why. These novels are very flat. There is no humor and we don't learn too much about Kinsey. That just means that the mystery has to be that much more captivating. Unfortunately, I didn't find it captivating at all, but rather a little dull. Then the book just ends. I think this will be the last book I read from the alphabet series.


First Line: "I'd been in the office no more than 20 minutes that morning."


Rating:

(2.5/5)

No comments: