Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Books I got for Christmas

I was very lucky this Christmas and received 8 books! And here they are:

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas - this is a classic on the BBC list as #44 (I think)
In Golden Blood by Stephen Woodworth - this is the third book in the violet series.
Rory & Ita by Roddy Doyle - my very oldest wish and my favourite Irish author!
Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich - the next book I needed in that series (even though I'm only at #3!)
Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich - the last book in the series as of right now!
Sexing the Cherry by Jeanette Winterson - I believe this was a book that was on the 1001 books you should read before you die list
The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket - I have already read this one but it was borrowed from a friend and I wanted it for my PC
The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket - This is #10 in the Series of Unfortunate Event series and the one I'm up to (minus 6, which I'm still missing)

As you can see, a successful Christmas for me!
(I rhyme!)

3 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Looks like a GREAT haul!

if you can say good things about Stephen Woodworth, a little birdie told me he'd appreciate it. I still need to read Red Hands, the second book in the series, but I liked the first enough to encourage others to pick it up!

Enjoy, and healthy reading!

Lauren said...

Both mom and I like Stephen Woodworth. We've reviewed book #2 in the violet series on the blog! :)

Sheila said...

WoHo! that is the best present. The books look pretty good. I think I may have some on my wishlist. Or I should LOL!
Enjoy you two :)