Friday, June 17, 2011

Julie and Romeo Get Lucky

Julie and Romeo Get Lucky by Jeanne Ray
Romance

Julie Roseman and Romeo Cacciamani are rival florists who just happen to be in love and in their 60s. Julie's daughter, husband and two children live with her and Romeo lives with his ancient mother and his son and his family. Neither can find a quiet moment to spend together.

However they do find the time to spend together when Romeo puts his back out at Julie's and spends his time in her bed sometimes comatose and constantly in pain. Meanwhile Julie's other daughter comes home to live and her daughters are like they have regressed into their teens with all the fights and bickering. Julie's eight year old granddaughter, Sarah is obsessed with Willy Wonka and winning the lottery and finds unique ways to con family members into buying lottery tickets for her.

This is a fun book. A book about real life, the chaos, confusion, family and love that binds it all together. I have not read the first book but will go back and read it as I enjoyed this one.

First Line: "I heard the Candyman's voice as soon as I opened the door."

Rating:
(4.0/5)

1 comment:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

You know, I didn't like this one nearly as much as I liked the original, Julie + Romeo. Still, my favorite Jeanne Ray was Eat Cake, which was the first book of hers I read.